Sunday, November 12, 2006

Interesting Insects

1. Did you know cockroaches make a high pitched squealing sound when you spray them in the face with poison?

2. You can buy "chalk" in the grocery store to put around your bed so no ants can climb into it...I chalked my whole room yesterday, and then watched as the ants walked right over the line and into my bed. What a waste of nine cents.

3. Speaking of ants in my bed, the other day I was taking a nap after school. I fell asleep at 1 and woke up around 3 because I was itchy. I looked down, and there were about 200 ants crawling all over me. I debated screaming for a minute--but no one would have heard me and even if someone heard, no one would have done anything. So I stumbled to the bathroom, poured buckets of cold water over myself, picked the ants out of my hair and from between my toes, and then ripped the sheets off my bed, shook them off, and put them back on the bed. Less than five minutes after I woke up, I went back asleep for another two hours. Maybe I'm just losing all sense of what personal hygience should be like, but the fact that ants were crawling on me when I was sleeping was more of an annoyance than an earth-shattering problem...

4. In regards to parasites, the smallest insects I do battle with, I have an issue I've been pondering for a while. I used Listerine occasionally in the US, and although it tasted disgusting it wasn't terrible to use. I have Indonesian Listerine here that I use religiously every day--and either I have really bad parasites in my mouth or there is some kind of acid in the mouthwash here. For ten minutes after I wash my mouth out, my tongue and cheeks go completely numb. Maybe they put a special ingredient in to take care of the unseen enemy--either way, my mouth feels pretty clean when the feeling comes back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home